Who we are
The Biorisk Management Association of Kenya (BMAK) is a non-governmental organization which
aims to provide a medium for its members to discuss and exchange experiences,
developments and issues in biorisk management practices and regulation.
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding of biosafety and biosecurity issues in Kenya
- To advocate for the implementation of sound biorisk management practices
- To encourage local, regional and international dialogue on biological risk management
- To act as a link between the private and public partnership on biological risk management
- To seek to influence and support legislation policy and guidelines associated with biosafety and biosecurity
- To act as a focal point for the consolidation of views on biosafety and biosecurity for the development of key strategic outreach messages and materials for raising awareness and education of all relevant stakeholders.
- To represent the interests of its members in all areas relating to biorisk management with the objective of ensuring the prevention of harm to humans, animals, plants or the environment from biological substances or materials.
- Encourage relevant government institutions to meet their annul reporting obligations to the BWC, UNSCR1540 and IHR
- To enhance cooperation and communication among security agents, public health and life science researchers
- To promote biosecurity training of first responders
- To develop a national Biosafety/Biosecurity manual [human, veterinary, agriculture]
- To develop Kenya Biosafety/Biosecurity Standards
- To promote biosecurity education
- To maintain a database of experts
- To conduct biorisk assessments and BSC certifications
Copyright ©2020 BMAK Kenya. All rights reserved.